What is a CMH?
The objective of a Comprehensive Medical Home (CMH) is to centralize a patient’s care as close to their home (neighborhood) as possible. It is a care delivery model whereby all of the patient’s medical, behavioral health, and social needs are coordinated through their primary care physician to ensure they receive necessary care when and where they need it.
Providing comprehensive care requires a team of providers. This team might include, physicians, mid-level practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers, educators, and care coordinators. Meridian Healthcare Partners has experience CMHs that provide care for Chronic illness, Geriatric Care, Diabetes, Medically Fragile, Behavioral Medical Home, and Palliative Care & Hospice. The team coordinates care across all elements of the broader healthcare system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health, and community services and supports.
The Role PPM plays in a CMH
Physician Practice Management (PPM) is critical to the success of implementing a CMH. Meridian Healthcare Partners brings considerable experience in operationalizing staffing, revenue cycle, quality data collection, population management, provider schedules, office work flows, and patient communications to facilitate a successful launch and ensure sustainability of your CMH.
Attributes of a CMH
A Comprehensive Medical Home (CMH) is not just a place, but a model of care that encompasses five (5) attributes:
- A Comprehensive Care Model: A large majority of patient needs are met in a CMH including prevention and wellness, acute, and chronic care.
- A Patient-Centered Approach: The CMH builds a relationship-based approach via practitioners who recognize patients and families as core members of the care team.
- A Coordinated Care Model: The CMH coordinates care across the broader neighborhood of health care options available in a community including hospitals, specialists, and support services.
- Accessibility To Services: A CMH delivers services with shorter waiting times for urgent needs, around-the-clock telephone support, and alternative methods of communication including text and e-mail. Patients in-turn enjoy a single source of contact for their healthcare needs.
- Quality & Safety: The CMH team supports quality & safety by embracing an evidence-based approach to clinical care options, shared decision making with family, and transparency in reporting results.
We have significant experience in Comprehensive Medical Homes (CMH) for:
- Chronic Illness
- Geriatric Care
- Medically Fragile
- Behavioral – Medical Health
- Palliative Care & Hospice
Let us help you with
Physician Practice Management Services Include:
- Organizational Structure
- Budget Management
- Patient Services Expansion
- Schedule Utilization
- Pre-Authorization Processes
- Contract Reviews
- Billing & Collections Optimization
- Lean Six Sigma Practice Work Flow
- Credentialing & Meaningful Use Certification Readiness
- Ambulatory Services & Market Expansion Strategies
- HEDIS & 5-STAR Quality Improvement
- Short & Long Term Facility Planning
Comprehensive Medical Home Services Include:
- NCQA Certification
- Infrastructure Development
- System Redesign
- Clinical Outcome Improvement
- Population Care Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Delivery System Reform (DSRIP)
- Registry Management
- Health Outcomes Reporting